Building a sustainable future all across Canada
Averton Homes may be a new name on the national home building scene but our commitment to responsible development and green building practices goes way back.
We’re committed to making your home more energy efficient with upgrades that can help reduce high energy bills and improve overall comfort. That’s why every Averton Homes is being built to Energy Star® performance standards, and under our own Eco-Wise program.
The less fossil fuels we use, the less air pollution and global warming we cause. And the more water we conserve, the more we preserve our precious natural resources for future generations.
High efficiency furnaces. Superior insulation. High performance windows. Environmentally friendly building materials. Water conserving plumbing fixtures. In all these areas and more, Averton Homes is working to build homes that make it easier for you to lead a green and healthy lifestyle, while enjoying the savings that go with it.
Averton Homes. Because building green is the right thing to do.
- Architecturally designed streetscapes and elevations with complimenting exterior colour schemes, styles, and materials.
- Brick designs with brick detailing, vinyl siding and/or brick with stone detailing exteriors, as per elevation, with complimenting roof, and paint colours.
- Soldier coursing, brick arches, keystones and other masonry detailing, as per plans and elevations.
- Precast concrete window sills, headers and entrance arches, as per plan.
- Exterior columns, as per plan.
- Durable, maintenance free, pre-fi nished aluminum soffi ts, fascia, eaves troughs and down pipes - all colour coordinated.
- Self-sealing asphalt shingles. (25 year manufactures warranty)
- Garage door(s) with decorative glass inserts, as per plan.
- Decorative exterior lights on front façade.
- Insulated metal front door with brushed chrome fi nish grip set and deadbolt.
- Front door to receive Low-E glass insert and/or sidelight(s), as per plans.
- Vinyl Low-E casement windows throughout (excluding basement windows). All operating windows are to be screened. Front elevations windows will have decorative grilles, as per plan.
- All basement windows to be vinyl sliders with Low-E glass. Corrugated galvanized steel window wells may be required as per grading conditions.
- All sliding patio doors to be vinyl with Low-E glass and screened.
- All doors and windows to be fully caulked.
- All exterior doors are complete with weather stripping.
- Driveway to be fi nished with top coat of asphalt at a cost of $750 (to be paid by the Purchaser at closing).
- Fully sodded lot.
- Precast concrete slab walkway to front entry and rear patio.
- Optional Finished basement to be same fi nishes as main floor.
- All lookout lots to have decks with stairs to grade, and walkout lots to have a deck only (6’x8’deck).
- Optional covered porches to be poured concrete.
- 2’ X 6’ exterior wood construction with R22 insulation in walls, R50 insulation in attic.
- R12 insulation in basement in accordance with the Ontario Building Code.
- 5/8” tongue and groove sub-fl oor with joints to be sanded and fastened with screws and nails.
- Poured concrete basement fl oors and foundation walls with heavy duty damp proofi ng to walls, drainage layer and weeping tiles where applicable.
- Poured concrete front porch.
- Poured concrete garage floor.
- Spray foam insulation to garage ceiling below any livable space above.
Heating and plumbing systems
- Hi-effi ciency forced air furnace and hot water tank vented to the exterior (watertank is a rental unit).
- Ductwork sized to allow for future central air conditioning.
- Two exterior water taps are provided, one located in the attached garage and one located at the rear of the home, as per plan.
- Two exterior waterproof electrical outlets, one located at the front and one located at the rear of the home.
- All ductwork located in basement to be sealed.
- Heat Recovery Ventilation system – HRV.
- Drain water heat recovery.
- Laundry tub and hot/cold water connections provided for future washing machine.
- Stainless steel double ledge back kitchen sink with single lever faucet.
- Pressure balance control faucets in the bathroom tub enclosures and separate shower stalls.
- Single lever faucets to bathrooms and powder room
- All bathtubs to be acrylic, as per plan.
- White plumbing fi xtures installed in all bathrooms.
- Rough-in plumbing provided for future dishwasher. (cabinet not provided)
- Porcelain sinks in all bathrooms, as per plan.
- White pedestal sink in the powder room, as per plan.
- 100 AMP electrical service with circuit-breaker panel in accordance with the Ontario Hydro Requirements.
- Heavy-duty wiring and receptacle for stove and dryer, both with vents to be vented to exterior.
- Rough-in wiring provided for future dishwasher.
- Bathrooms and Powder Room outlets are wired with a Ground fault indicator.
- Electronic smoke detectors on all fl oors, including basement.
- Electronic carbon monoxide detector(s) installed (as per building code).
- Ceiling fi xtures in all bedrooms, hallways, kitchen, breakfast area, main floor laundry, mud room, family room, great room, library, den, and formal rooms, as per plan.
- Living room to receive a switched plug, and the dining room to receive a capped ceiling outlet.
- White decora plugs and switches throughout fi nished areas.
- Bathrooms to receive strip lighting centered over the bathroom vanities and pedestal sink in the powder room, as per plan.
- Master ensuite with separate shower stalls to come with overhead surface mounted waterproof light fi xture, as per applicable model.
- Rough-in cable T.V. outlets in family room or great room, and all bedrooms, as per plan.
- Rough-in wiring for telephone provided in kitchen, family room or great room and all bedrooms, as per plan.
- Rough-in for security system (to basement & fi rst fl oor opening windows and doors).
- Two electrical outlets in garage, one in ceiling for future garage door opener.
- Exhaust fans installed on separate switch to all fi nished bathrooms and vented to the exterior.
- Rough-in for central vacuum outlets.
- Electrical door chimes.
Interior decorative features
- 9’ ceilings on main fl oor and 8’ ceilings on second fl oor excluding low head room areas due to mechanical and/or dropped areas.
- Oak cabinetry with rolled arborite counter tops in kitchen and bathrooms.
- Open area for future dishwasher, cabinet not provided. 50’ and 65’ models come with granite counter tops in kitchen and under mounted stainless steel kitchen sinks, from builder’s standard selection.
- Walk in pantries in selected models to receive 2 open metal shelves (as per plan).
- All interior walls and trim are painted with a quality “Cool White” latex paint.
- Ceramic wall tiles installed in tub enclosures up to but not including ceiling. Where tub and shower stalls are separate, tub enclosures are tiled to approximately 18” high above tub deck and shower stalls are fully tiled. White ceramic bathroom accessories included.
- Mirrors over all bathroom vanities and pedestal sink in powder room.
- Imported ceramic tile fl ooring in front foyer, kitchen, breakfast area, all bathrooms, main fl oor laundry rooms and mud rooms, from Builder’s standard samples.
- 40 oz. broadloom with quality under-pad throughout fi nished areas, excluding tiled areas, as per plans. (Carpet selections are subject to restrictions). Stairs of fi nished areas are fully carpeted.
- 50’ and 65’ models come with prefi nished 3/4” x 3” Oak Natural hardwood flooring on main level (except tiled areas) and all fi nished stair landings, optional on 33’ and 40’ models.
- Painted white 4 1/4” colonial style baseboards throughout with 2 3/4” casing on all windows and doors, with painted Classique series interior doors passage doors.
- Brushed chrome fi nish coloured hardware on all interior doors.
- Privacy locks on all bathroom doors.
- Oak veneer staircase stringers, handrails and pickets in natural finish and 40 oz. broadloom with quality under-pad, as per plan.
- 50’ and 65’ models are standard with Oak Veneer stairs with Natural finish, optional on 33’ and 40’ models.
- Spray textured stippled ceilings throughout, except for Kitchen, dinette, all bathrooms and main fl oor laundry rooms are to have a smooth painted finish.
- 40’, 50’ and 65’ models to feature direct vent natural gas fireplace with white painted mantle, from builder’s standard selection.
The TARION Program backs Averton Homes and all homes include the following warranties:
- Free from major structural defects for a period of seven (7) years.
- Free from defects in workmanship or materials for a period of two (2) years on electrical, plumbing and heating delivery and distribution systems, all exterior cladding, windows, caulking and doors.
- Free from defects in workmanship and material for a period of one (1) year.
ENERGY STAR® for New Homes is an initiative for Natural Resources Canada to promote energy efficient home building in Ontario. All new homes enrolled in this program are performance tested, third-party verifi ed and government backed. The ENERGY STAR® label is your assurance that your new home is built to exacting energy effi cient guidelines. All new homes built by Averton Homes will be ENERGY STAR® qualified.
- All references to size, measurements, materials, construction styles, trade/brand/industry name or terms may be subject to change or variation within generally accepted industry standards and tolerances. Measurements may be converted from imperial to metric or vice versa and actual product size may vary slightly as a result.
- All references to features are as per applicable plan or elevation and each item may not be applicable to every home. Locations of features and fi nishes are as per applicable plan or at the Vendor’s sole discretion.
- All features and fi nishes where Purchaser(s) are given the option to select the style and/or colour shall be from the Vendor’s predetermined standard selections.
Specifications are subject to change without notice. E. & O.E.