Fall Maintenance Checklist
Autumn is in full swing, and the cold, winter days are almost upon us (Edmontonians have already enjoyed their first snow of the year). All homes need some love in preparation for the upcoming season and now's the time to start getting your home winter ready. We have put together a quick list below of the essential fall checks for both the exterior and interior of your home.
- Take a walk around your property to make sure that there aren't any issues that should be repaired before winter hits. This could include cracks in your foundation or damage to your siding.
- Clean gutters and downspout to avoid water to pool and damage your roof or siding. Also check for loose joints and leaks.
- Cover any holes that animals could crawl into with wire mesh or something similar.
- Drain exterior water lines.
- Lubricate moving parts of your garage door.
- Check caulking for air and water leaks.
- Check fireplace and chimney to ensure they are clean and clear.
- Get your HVAC system inspected.
- Clean your range hood filter.
- Check pressure relief valves on water heaters to ensure everything is working as should be.
- Check your attic insulation.
- Make sure your clothes dryer vent is clean.
Your home requires year round maintenance. By running through this checklist over the next month you will be helping to avoid and potential headaches that may occur during the cold winter months. For Averton homeowners, please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions. Happy winter prepping!